We are strictly 21+ with the exception only of children accompanied by a parent before 8pm on weekdays and 7pm on weekends.
In North Carolina, per ABC law, there are only 4 acceptable forms of identification you can use to buy alcoholic beverages. Since we’re a bar above all else, one of these same forms of valid ID are required at the door for entry to any of our NC-based Boxcar Bar + Arcade locations:
- Current driver’s license from North Carolina or other US state (If you’ve recently renewed your license and were given a 20 day driving certificate, you may present this certificate along with your expired license)
- U.S. Military Identification Card
- State Identification Card
- Valid passport issued by any nation (booklet or card form)
No. And there never will be.
Yes! Dogs are welcome both inside the building and on our patio. However, we ask that dogs remain on the patio on Friday & Saturday nights after 9pm for the safety of our 2 and 4 legged friends, as the main bar can become crowded on weekend nights.
Leave your quarters at home! Game tokens can be purchased with cash or credit.
Tokens carry the value of a quarter – so you’ll get 4 tokens per dollar.
With some exceptions, here are the average prices per game:
- Arcades: 1 token
- Pinball: 4 tokens
- Skee Ball: 2 tokens
- Air Hockey: 2 tokens/person
- Game Consoles: Free
Food & Drink
Are you or your band interested in playing/spinning live on Boxcar’s heated, covered patio? Contact our team by filling out our online form and tell us a little about you or send us audio or video links to check out. If you seem like a good fit and we can work you into our live music lineup, someone will get back to you to coordinate.