Updated March 25, 2021 Boxcar Bar + Arcade in Greensboro is NOW OPEN 7 days/week!…
COVID-19 UPDATE: April 4, 2021
Boxcar Bar + Arcade in Raleigh is officially BACK OPEN 7 days/week with some modified protocols. Safety remains our top priority at this time. In addition to a strict guideline of health and safety procedures that are followed every day, we have added extra safety protocols and precautions and invested in a variety of disinfecting solutions and equipment to help ensure the health and well-being of all guests and team members during this time of heightened concern. Here’s what you need to know about our COVID-19 operation & safety protocols:
- Capacity: We are now permitted to allow up to 50% capacity both inside the building and on the patio, allowing us to ensure safe social distancing protocols can be met.
- Hours: Our bar & arcade are open on weekdays from 4pm-12am and on weekends from 12pm-2am. We are working on staffing to reinstate our pre-COVID hours of 4pm-2am on weekdays and 12pm-2am on weekends, which will be in effect as soon as possible and we will update this blog at that time.
- Seating: All tables will be spaced at least 6 feet apart.
- Games:At this time, the website does not reflect an accurate list of game titles, as we have less games than normal in the building to allow for social distancing protocols to be met. We are disinfecting game (and all) surfaces often using hospital-grade sanitation equipment.
- Modified Age Policy: Guests must be 21+ with the exception of minors accompanied by a parent before 8pm on weekdays and 5pm on weekends.
- PPE (Personal Protection Equipment):
- Masks: Face coverings are required for entry and must remain on at all times unless seated and actively consuming food or drink. While we are sympathetic to those with conditions that are affected by face coverings, there will be no exceptions to this rule at this time. We are providing all employees with masks which must be worn throughout each shift.
- Gloves: We are providing all employees with gloves which must be worn and changed regularly throughout each shift.
- Surfaces: During business hours, our team will be regularly wiping down all surfaces in which customers come in contact using Xtreme Disinfectant Solution. Magnum Foggers will be frequently used to dispense this same solution throughout our facility.
- Floors: We will thoroughly clean and mop floors with disinfectant solution daily.
- Bathrooms: We will be frequently disinfecting bathrooms with hospital grade disinfectant solution and equipment.
- Hand Sanitizer: We will offer hand sanitizing stations around the building and encourage customers to disinfect hands after touching any surfaces.
- Popcorn: There will be no self-serve popcorn service until further notice.
- Payments: We will be using a contactless payment method until further notice.
- Menus: We will be placing QR codes throughout the bar where you can view changing daily menus without contact.
- Health: Employees will have their temperatures taken before each shift and will not be permitted to work if they appear to have any visible symptoms or have been in contact with an infected individual. Similarly, we ask that customers do not enter our facility if showing any visible signs of COVID-19 or if having been exposed to a known case within 14 days.
Our Disinfecting Solutions & Equipment
- Xtreme Disinfectant Solution: Existing test results, studies and supporting data show Xtreme Disinfectant Solution to be considered effective against Covid-19. In summary, Xtreme inactivates viruses that are much tougher to neutralize than viruses that are in the Coronavirus family. For example, Parvovirus and Circovirus are much more difficult to kill than Coronavirus. Non skin irritant and 100% biodegradable.
- Magnum Foggers: These aero static disinfectant sprayers containing Xtreme Disinfectant Solution are safe for both people and electronic equipment.
- Kutol Health Guard Hand Sanitizer: This foaming 62% Alcohol Hand Sanitizer is effective and convenient to sanitize hands in situations where soap and water are not available. When used properly, this fast-acting product kills 99.99% of many common germs within 15 seconds. Our 62% Ethyl alcohol formula also meets CDC recommendations for proper hand hygiene. NSF E3 rated.
- NOVO Antibacterial Foaming Hand Soap: This is a thick-lathering, foaming hand soap that kills germs and viruses as it gently cleans hands. Formulated with grease cutting agents and pH neutralizers, this soap provides a deep clean without irritating the skin. NOVO FOAMING SANITIZING HAND SOAP is a mild, lemon-scented soap that ensures a quality clean with each application. It is completely biodegradable and environmentally-friendly. Contains Chloroxylenol.